Saturday, March 19, 2011

Partners in Parenting, March 14, 2011

Gunshots at my house!
Yep, it's true.  The other night, I sat in bed reading while Jenny slept next to me.  As I read, I heard two loud "pops" outside my house.  I slipped out of bed and peeked out the front door window.  I could see two pair of headlights and two sets of exhausts coming out of two cars.  I couldn't see the cars since they were right behind the large pine tree in the front yard.  My first thought was that there was an altercation going on.  Then, I saw four people up by the church in the bushes.  Two of them began walking to my left when I saw the glow of their police officer reflective patches on their shoulder.  OK - at least I felt safe now, but I wondered what they were doing.  After a few moments the police officers dragged the deer they had to shoot out of the bushes.  It must have been hit by a car, and that is part of the responsibilities of police officers.  I was certainly startled to attention that night.  As we enter into the season of Lent, I can't help but think of where this is all headed.  It is certainly headed to Jesus death for our benefit.  It is certainly headed for the celebration of Jesus' resurrection on Easter.  But we are also headed to Jesus' multiple appearances to verify that He had indeed risen.  He appeared to the two men on the road to Emmaus (Luke 24:13-25).  They must have been as startled as two people possibly could be to discover they had just walked along the road and talked to the same Jesus of Nazareth that they had just seen crucified.  Just like me, they were startled, then reassured!  Please take time to read Luke 24 as a family in preparation for this Lenten and Easter season.

Family Discussion Points!
Just talk about what you read in Luke 24.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment