Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Partners in Parenting

"A Light Walk and A Dark Walk!"

I had the opportunity to go for a walk this past weekend.  The interesting thing about my walk was that I left about an hour before daylight, and eventually, I came to a woods with about 45 minutes of time before the sky would begin to lighten with the rising sun.  The walk across a field and along a fence row was very easy to do without using a flashlight.  My eyes adjusted to the darkness around me because there was actually plenty of light available - even though it was completely cloudy.  When I came to the woods, I stepped in among the large trees.  Within a few steps, I couldn't see a thing.  I had to turn on my flashlight because my eyes couldn't adjust to darkness that dark.  That experience reminded me of how God is the light of the world, but life without God is darkness.  I could see where I was going so long as I chose to walk in the light God provided me as I traversed the field and fence row.  But that light was not evident when I chose to walk in a place where God's light was blocked from my vision (in the woods).  I had to use my flashlight to spread light in that dark place.  Our lives in Christ are like that walk.  It is wise to stay in the light of God, but when darkness envelopes us at times in life, we need to provide light to those places too.  Parents, I pray that you'll keep showing God's light in the lives of your children so their "dark days" are filled with God's great love!!  "God is light; in him there is no darkness at all."  I John 1:5



Family Discussion Points!

Where is the darkest place you've ever been.

If God is light, who is darkness (Satan).
Share any ways family members spread light to other family members.

No comments:

Post a Comment