Monday, January 26, 2015

Partners in Parenting

“Now It’s Personal!”
The students are enjoying the latest Box Top Contest here at school where they earn pretend snowballs to pretend throw at other classes in a big pretend snowball fight.  They are doing this all while raising money for our school by bringing in Box Tops.
Well, last week, Kindergarten decided to throw one at the school office.  I mentioned to the students how I was “going to get them back” in the next few days.  Looking back, maybe I shouldn’t have done that since the office now has a whole bunch of “snowballs” thrown at us by various grades.  I even caught a small group of 1st Grade girls taping snowballs to the office door, and I “chased” them down the hall.  You should have heard the screams of laughter and excitement. 
Thursday, last week, I came back to my office to see that 5th Grade decided to not just involve the office, which includes Mrs. Knopf and Mrs. Howard, but they came right after me alone.  See my office door and the school office door!


This reminded me of how we have a personal God who loves us, forgives us, and promises us eternal life.  He doesn’t just love us.  He loves me.  He doesn’t just want to hear our prayers.  He wants to hear my prayers.  He hasn’t only prepared a place in heaven for Christians.  He has prepared a place in heaven for me.  Remind your kids of God’s love for each of them, but trying to explain that to them is easier if you believe it yourself.  “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”  John 3:16   Now, that’s personal!


Family Discussion Points!
Talk about what it means to have a personal conversation instead of a public conversation with a friend.  Talk about how that relates to prayer with God being very personal where you can just talk to him like you are all alone with Him and nobody else.
Discuss your thoughts on God being the God of the world or universe as well as the God of you.  Do you like having a God that is interested in you as a person?  Why or Why not?
Keep saving Box Tops!  We appreciate itJ


No comments:

Post a Comment